Thursday, July 21, 2011

Going Crazy at Week 39

I miss being a happy, cute preggy lady with a little bump.  Now I am a giant crazy cranky preggy lady that really really REALLY wants this baby out.  I seriously almost cried this morning because I wasn't at the hospital eating pancakes with our little baby being held by Tim instead of my stretched to the limit belly.  That's what I was hoping for last night.  For the last couple days I've been having stronger contractions but they just fizzle out :(

On Monday I had an appointment with my Dr.  She said she was happy I was still pregnant (she had been on vacation and told me I wasn't allowed to deliver until she got back)  and all I could do was give a half-hearted grunt of agreement.  Not a lot changed from last week, I'm just now somewhere around 2.5 and 3 cm.  The doc stripped my membranes.  That was super uncomfortable and I spent the rest of the day all crampy.  She said she had that done with both her babies and went into labor 2-3 days after, but I shouldn't be too sad if I have to come back again next week.  I'm pretty sure I'll cry.  It's been 3 days since then and still no baby.  Contractions increased, but nothing to send me to the hospital.  I keep getting my hopes up.  This little boy is a tease.

Happy thoughts...
1.  Swimming with a doughnut shaped tube at Pineview.  My family went camping there on Tuesday, and since my normal non-pregnant self doesn't like camping we just went up for the fun part:  Swimming and hot dogs over the campfire.  I wish I could swim everyday!  The middle of the tube was perfect for fitting my belly in so I could be in a prone position for the first time in months!  It was wonderful!
2.  Wearing a bikini at 39 Weeks :)  I'd totally post a pic to prove it, but I haven't figured that out yet and they are on my mom's camera.  Well, Tim did get a couple of me without my knowing, but I'm wearing a giant sombrero too... so... no.
3.  Tim telling me to tell my hypothalamus to tell my posterior pituitary gland to release oxytocin so we can get this baby out.  What a cute nerd.  I love him :)
4.  We've been keeping the little boy's name a secret, but we've recently leaked his initials to our families.  I love hearing their guesses.  Some of them are pretty good ideas.
5.  Baby's room is now missing only a baby!  I think I'll try to put up a pic now.
Oh hey it worked!  My awesome sis-in-law Darcie crocheted the animals on the shelves.  So cute!

The Belly and me in front of one of my fun little art projects.

I did the paintings, the curtains, and the pillow on the rocker.  Maternity has made me crafty!

And some more of my fun little paintings!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy Jenelle, so much more crafty then I am!
    And cheer up! You'll have this baby a lot sooner than me! ;) I know, that's not much consultation since you've been preggy longer than me. I'm so excited to see you little guy!

    ReplyDelete